What is Breast Lift?
Mastopexy, or more commonly known as breast lift, is a plastic surgery operation performed to change the shape and position of the breast in women. In breast lift surgery, excess skin is removed, sagging is recovered, and the breast structure is reshaped.
Why is Breast Lift Done?
As age progresses and loss of elasticity occurs in the skin, sagging occurs in the breasts and the breasts lose their vitality. Gravity also has a great effect on sagging breasts.
Since the breasts are full during pregnancy, it creates extra weight, and elongation and sagging occur in the breasts.
In addition, large amounts of weight gain and loss also cause sagging of the skin and breasts.
Such reasons cause the breast to sag, the nipple and the brownish part of the breast called the areola to look down. This does not create an aesthetically pleasing image and can cause psychological problems in women. Mastopexy (breast lift) surgery is applied to correct such situations. As a result of breast lift surgery, a more upright, lively and healthy breast image is achieved. This increases self-confidence in women and helps them to solve the psychological problems caused by these situations.
Who are the Patient Candidates for Breast Lift Surgery?
- Women who experience sagging breasts with old age
- Women who experience sagging breasts after pregnancy
- Women who experience sagging as a result of large weight loss
- Women with inequalities in the nipple
- Women with downward nipples
- Women with recessed nipples
Patient candidates who are considering mastopexy (Breast Lift) surgery should first seek the opinion of a specialist plastic surgeon. As Soyep, we observe the following issues regarding the patient during the examination:
- The realism of the patient’s expectations about the surgery
- The patient’s mental health
- The patient’s medical history and diseases, if any
- If the patient has allergies
- Medicines used by the patient
- The patient’s use of cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs, if any
The patient candidate should quit smoking, alcohol and blood thinners such as aspirin before the operation.
As a result of the examination, our doctors decide whether the patient needs surgery after diagnosing these issues and, if necessary, what kind of operation will be performed.
The method to be applied for breast lift operation varies according to the incision area. There are 2 potential incision sites:
- Areola – around the brownish area around the nipple and vertically below the areola to breast folds. This incision resembles a lollipop, as a result, it’s called a lollipop incision.
- Horizontally, parallel to the breast folds.
Excess tissue in the breast is removed with the incision. Excess skin from the nipple is removed and the nipple is lifted. The areola area is reduced when necessary. Sutures are placed at the end of the operation.
After the breast lift operation, scars remain, but these scars become more and more indistinct over time.
After the Operation
After the breast lift operation, the patient spends the night in the hospital for follow-up. There may be mild pain for a few days after the surgery. Swelling and bruising are also seen, but pass in a few days.
The medical dressing ends 3-4 days after the operation. The stitches also dissolve on their own.
It is recommended to wear a soft bra for 6 weeks. You can return to work 1 week after the operation. Patients can do light exercise after about 3-4 weeks and heavy exercise after 5 weeks.
Operation Process Overview
|Operation time||2 hour|
|Length of Stay in Hospital||1 night|
|Type of Anesthesia||General|
|Recovery Time||7 day|
|Hospital||Acıbadem International Hospital|
|Result Time||Between 3-6 months|